I've seen comments about how #Hubzilla
looks like a bare bone, 90s, software/website. But, that is just the default theme.
This is what's possible if an instance admin, or a #webdeveloper
, actually develops their own theme: https://neuhub.org
And… that's just the tip of what Hubzilla (and #Streams)
has to offer. There is also, for example, the much talked about #QuoteReplies
, as well as, #AccountPortability
, among many other very useful and highly requested features.
If you are thinking, there is yet another ‘new’ kid on the block, not really. Hubzilla has been around since 2012, and was originally called #RedMatrix
. It became Hubzilla in 2015. (For context, #Mastodon
only came out in 2016.) It was originally a child of #Friendica
, itself was originally named #Mistpark
, first released in 2010.
Friends, you need to explore the #Fediverse
(a subset of the #MycelialNetwork)
outside your own planet.
Think of it as moving to a new country instead of a new universe.
- We settle in to our new home.
- We greet our new neighbours, get the feel, and get to know them.
- We explore the rest of the city.
- We visit other adjacent cities.
In your digital, #SocialWeb
- You settle in your new instance.
- You greet the other users in your local instance, get the feel, and get to know them and the rules.
- You explore the software your instance is running on.
- You check out other software.
Most are stopping at #2, some at #3. Do you stop at those stages when moving to a new place? We don't. It's the same in what used to be called #CyberSpace
Have a great day!